– Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
– Twelve to fifteen 90-minute classes per week
– Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
– All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
– Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
– Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
Hold a university bachelor degree
– Be a native speaker of English
– Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
– no teaching experience is acceptable if you have bachelor degree majored in education, language or teaching, or native teaching license, or international ESL teaching certificates, such as CELTA or TEFL certificate.
– Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
– contract starting Sept. 1st , 2018 to June 30th , 2019
– 14,500 RMB per calendar month (10,000 basic salary + 4500 housing allowance)
-One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
– 12,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance).
– Travel allowances 8,000 RMB half paid upon completion of first semester, with the rest being paid on the completion of the contract.
– Paid supplemental accidental insurance.
– On-going teacher development
– Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
– Team dinners/trips to nearby sights
Company type: Private
Recruiter Type: Employer
Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Earlybirds is an academic partner with universities in and around Shanghai - growing and developing English language programmes together.